Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3 of 5 Biggest Psychological Barriers to Starting a Business

The ADA Syndrome
I first recognized this existed in my head full of psychological hurdles when I was writing the script for my audio book - 8 Degrees of Separation (soon to be renamed "Getting Unstuck). My wife and I had just returned from a vacation up north and while we were there we visited our favorite Northern Michigan masseuse. She had this really great ointment she used that was warm and cold all in one and smelled really great. OK, so I've set the stage...

I was laying on the couch and my wife left the room and returned with that bottle of ointment. She positioned herself at the end of the couch and just as she went to open the bottle up I said, "honey... I don't de..................". What I caught myself not only thinking but saying was that I didn't deserve that. Wow, if I didn't deserve a foot rub what else did I not deserve? What else was under my radar that I unknowingly pushed away? Success, more friends, a better life and on and on.

I challenge you to explore where maybe you too could be limiting yourself with the ADA Syndrome. I challenge you to become aware of these psychological barriers.

OH... if you're wondering what the ADA stands for it is Allowance, "Deservance" and Acceptance. These 3 pieces of the syndrome impact all of us at varying levels. For this post though I am covering the "deservance" part of the syndrome. The next post (the fourth) of the 5 biggest Psychological Barriers that keep us from starting or growing a business is called Social Constraints.

Godspeed!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Follow yecoach Twitter